You are currently browsing the monthly archive for August 2012.
Being an IT Slug, I find myself using a lot of different tools. Many tools are ‘first installs’ when starting to use a new box. Since I have been thinking about changing jobs, which means a full forklift of my toolbox to a new machine, I decided to start writing down what I have installed, sitting in the tools folder, etc. I was about to put the list in my regular notes system, Google Docs, but decided to put them in the blog instead. There are boat-loads of tool lists out there, so why shouldn’t I have my own? 🙂
The list is in no particular order, just as I found them in my head or on my system. Perhaps I will organize them some day…
- bdfilehash (My tool! (: )
- sysinternals (okay, not all of them all the time…)
- fping and/or hping
- Just Decompile (your still not paying Neil Davidson, for his, “it will always be free”, software, are you?)
- SQL Compare (If the company will flip the bill)
- SQL Delta (When SQL Compare is too expensive for the bean counters)
- Visual Studio
- Management Studio
It just didn’t look complete without the links to the products. Not that its hard to get these days with the efficiency of Google search.
Add a link to your toolbox in the comments!