Chomping at the bit to get ASP.NET MVC up and running on my regular hosting environment, iHostasp.net, I sent their support a ticket today asking if they plan IIS7 installations in their shared hosting environment.
|Posted On: 29 Apr 2009 10:50 AM|
I just wanted to check to see if there is an ETA on any IIS7 installations for shared hosting?
Their response, unfortunately:
|Posted On: 29 Apr 2009 02:06 PM|
At this time we have no plans for incorporating IIS7 into our shared hosting environment.
So now I have work to do, find a host with a like offering as iHostasp.net running IIS7, is there such an animal? I have tried in the past and haven’t come up with anything so any suggestions is highly appreciated.
I find it ironic that I needed to send iHostasp the support ticket today, from work, out of the blue. When I got home today, my copy of Professional ASP.NET MVC 1.0 arrived on the door step from Amazon. A book I pre-ordered shortly after the release of Scott Gu’s free first chapter, now available in HTML.
Please post comments if you know of a good hosting company providing shared hosting of IIS7.
My current plan, which runs around $16/mo, $88.83 every 6 months. I have to say the two things I like the best is dedicated memory pool for each domain and 3 MS SQL databases. Three databases was the major reason I went with them in the first place.
- Dedicated application pool for each domain!
- Customer accessible database backups!
- Storage – 2400MB
- Bandwidth – 20GB
- DNN Installations – 3
- Parent portals – 60
- Child portals – Unlimited
- MSSQL 2005– 3 x 250MB each
- MySQL 4/5 – 6 x 250MB each
- Mail – Unlimited POP3/SMTP/IMAP/WEB MAIL Accounts. Accounts. MailFoundry spam & virus filtering included.
- FTP – Unlimited FTP accounts with ability to set user permissions.
- Sub domains – Create & manage your own 3rd level domains.
- Statistics – Detailed real-time statistics to track your visitors.
- ASP.NET 1.1/2.0/3.0/3.5, ASP 3.0, PHP5 supported
- Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX extensions
- Can run wide array of other ASP, PHP, .NET based web applications without any limits
This is a bit silly, but I couldn’t resist. I replied to their support email and simply said
And their reply:
We do not have IIS7 available within our shared hosting environment and do not have any plans to incorporate it in the near future. However, we do offer virtual dedicated server hosting environments and we could set you up with IIS7 on a virtual dedicated server. Our virtual dedicated server packages can be viewed at the link below.
iHost Virtual Dedicated Server Hosting Packages:
It was really interesting to me that the owner of iHostasp.net left a message on this blog post about their service and how it was incorrect for their technician to say what they did. But the truth holds; it is now April 17th of 2010 and still they have no known installations of II7 in their shared hosting environment. What if I would of took him for his word and stayed with iHost? I would be stuck and still without the environment I need.
Trying to make good of your company is one thing, making up stories is something completely different.